Customer demand drives early release of Bria Android Edition and Bria Android Tablet Edition that enable an enriched calling experience
VANCOUVER, Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - By 2016, nearly four-fifths of 640 million mobile VoIP users will be making calls through apps downloaded on their smartphones, according to a recent report released by Juniper Research. While the mobile market has thus far been largely dominated by Apple iOS devices, Info Tech's latest Android Market traffic numbers indicate its growth is four times faster than that of the Apple App store, making Android users an even more important target market for app developers.
Due to this overwhelming customer demand, CounterPath Corporation (OTCBB: CPAH) (TSX-V: CCV) today announced it will be releasing its Bria Android Edition with video for smartphones and Bria Android Tablet Edition with voice, earlier than previously scheduled, and will be offering an advance preview of the softphone applications to attendees of Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain next week. These standards-based, service agnostic softphones provide an intuitive user interface for making and receiving VoIP calls on Android smartphones and tablets, and in the case of smartphones, also video calls, sending messages and managing presence all over a Wi-Fi or a 3G/4G wireless connection. The applications will become commercially available mid-March.
The Bria Android and Android Tablet Editions are SIP-based softphone applications specifically designed for the Android OS. The Bria app provides Android smartphone and tablet users with a feature-rich application no matter where they go while still benefiting from the multiple advantages of smartphone and tablet devices, creating a truly mobile enterprise communications experience.Bria Android Edition (for smartphones) and Bria Android Tablet Edition features allow users to:
- Talk and send messages from your mobile softphone, turning your smartphone or tablet into your primary communications device. With the Bria softphone application, you can take advantage of lower calling rates offered by mobile VoIP service providers and benefit from the extended productivity features of a mobile device.
- Use your Android device anywhere and anytime to connect with your colleagues, prospects, friends or family. Your native address book is automatically integrated into the Bria softphone on your Android smartphone or tablet, making it easy to connect to your contacts. With Bria Android Edition for smartphones, also easily integrate your Gmail, Facebook or other contacts and chat with them all within Bria, eliminating the need to jump back and forth among multiple applications.
- Make video calls and collaborate more easily and effectively from any location. Picture-in-picture view lets you see not only the person you're calling but also how you appear. Participating in a video call takes communication to a whole new level: you'll never have to miss another whiteboard diagram again. (Video calling coming soon to Bria Android Tablet Edition.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV