Liberty Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: LINTA, LINTB) today reported fourth quarter and year end results. Highlights include (1):
Grew consolidated QVC revenue by 5% in Q4 and 6% in 2011
- Adjusted OIBDA (2) increased 9% in Q4 and 4% in 2011, excluding the effects of the new agreement with GE Capital Retail Bank and QVC Italy launch, adjusted OIBDA grew 6% in 2011
- Operating income increased 1% in Q4 and 2011, excluding the effects of the new agreement with GE Capital Retail Bank and QVC Italy launch, operating income grew 4% in 2011
- QVC.com sales as a percent of total sales in the US reached 40% in Q4
eCommerce group grew revenue and adjusted OIBDA 20% and 19% in 2011,
- Operating income increased 38% in 2011
- Announcing plan to recapitalize Liberty Interactive into two tracking stocks – Liberty Interactive and Liberty Ventures
- Repurchased $257 million of Liberty Interactive stock from November 1 st through January 31 st, 2012
“QVC finished the year strong with impressive Q4 results, particularly in the US and Japan, despite a challenging macroeconomic environment,” stated Greg Maffei, Liberty Interactive President and CEO. “We made substantial repurchases of our shares, spending $257 million. Separately, today we announced our board’s approval of the recapitalization of our common stock into two tracking stocks, Liberty Interactive and Liberty Ventures. We expect this recapitalization to highlight each tracking stock’s operations and financial aspects of the attributed assets and provide investor choice while maintaining an optimal capital and tax-efficient structure.”
Liberty Interactive’s revenue increased 7% to $3.1 billion in the fourth quarter and 8% to $9.6 billion for the year. Adjusted OIBDA increased 10% to $618 million for the fourth quarter and 4% to $1.8 billion for the year, while operating income increased 3% to $408 million for the fourth quarter and 2% to $1.1 billion for the year. The increase in revenue, adjusted OIBDA, and operating income for the quarter were primarily due to favorable results at QVC and the eCommerce companies. Operating income includes $325 million of non tax-deductible amortization related to Liberty’s acquisition of QVC for both the years ended December 31, 2011 and 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV