HSINCHU, Taiwan, Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia-FirstCall/ -- AU Optronics Corp. ( " AUO " or the " Company " ) (TAIEX: 2409; NYSE: AUO) today announced the launch of Green Ark Project. To promote green, energy saving, and zero electronic waste concepts. AUO's Green Ark Project includes the continuous practice of green innovation within AUO by targeting a 25% reduction of carbon emissions in all fabs by 2015. Meanwhile, AUO devotes itself to encouraging green thinking among students and sharing the world's leading green experiences with industry players. By working together with the industry and academia, AUO continuously makes efforts in environmental sustainability.
AUO's Green Ark Project is a three-year project with involvement of government, industrial sectors, and academia. AUO wishes to call for the industry's and students' participation. "AUO has long been implementing AUO Green Solutions. As an industry leader, AUO continues to practice energy saving and lower carbon emissions," said Paul Peng, President of AUO. "We hope to advocate AUO's green experiences and green thinking to the public. AUO encourages students and industry players to develop more green innovations and to build up the Ark of sustainable environment with AUO together."
Since the inception of "AUO Green Solutions" in 2008, AUO has been a dedicated green practitioner of sustainable operations. AUO has focused on the implementation of green fabrication in recent years. Not only AUO's first G8.5 fab in Taichung has obtained LEED(*1) Gold certification in 2009, but also its G8.5 fab located in Houli has been awarded LEED Platinum certification in 2011. AUO targets to obtain LEED Gold certifications and above for all the newly-built LCD fabs and build up energy and water-saving green plants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV