DryShips Inc. Stock Upgraded (DRYS)
- DRYS's revenue growth trails the industry average of 65.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 41.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $159.65 million or 28.33% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DRYSHIPS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -79.63%.
- The gross profit margin for DRYSHIPS INC is rather high; currently it is at 65.70%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DRYS's net profit margin of 7.90% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.33 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, DRYS maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.93, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Marine industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, DRYSHIPS INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts