Pep Boys - Manny Moe & Jack Stock Upgraded (PBY)
- PBY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has not only risen over the past year, it has done so at a faster pace than the S&P 500, reflecting the earnings growth and other positive factors similar to those we have cited here. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 22.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $5.72 million to $7.01 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $33.82 million or 2.71% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PEP BOYS-MANNY MOE & JACK has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.48%.
- PEP BOYS-MANNY MOE & JACK has improved earnings per share by 18.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PEP BOYS-MANNY MOE & JACK increased its bottom line by earning $0.70 versus $0.45 in the prior year. This year, the market expects earnings to be in line with last year ($0.70 versus $0.70).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.