(1) Fourth quarter 2011 oil and gas impairments of $107.5 million were primarily related to a reduction in carrying value of certain oil and gas properties and increases in asset retirement obligations. Fourth quarter 2010 oil and gas impairments of $9.2 million were primarily related to a reduction in carrying value of certain oil and gas properties.(2) Full year 2011 impairments were comprised of the impairments described in item (1) above, $22.7 million in the second quarter of 2011 primarily associated with six of our Gulf of Mexico oil and gas properties and our only non-domestic (U.K.) oil and gas property, and $2.4 million in the third quarter of 2011 primarily related to revisions in cost estimates for reclamation activities ongoing at two of our Gulf of Mexico oil and gas properties. Full year 2010 impairments were comprised of the impairments described in item (1) above, $7.0 million in the first quarter of 2010 primarily resulting from a decline in natural gas prices, $4.1 million in the first quarter of 2010 for our non-domestic oil and gas property, $159.9 million in the second quarter of 2010 resulting from a significant reduction in our estimates of proved reserves, and $0.9 million in the third quarter of 2010 associated with a revised estimated asset reclamation obligation of one non-producing field.
Helix Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.