VANCOUVER, Feb. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Taseko Mines Limited (TSX: TKO; NYSE Amex: TGB) ("Taseko" or the "Company") is proceeding with its $20 million mineral exploration program for its Aley niobium project north of Mackenzie, British Columbia.
The bulk of the work, scheduled to take place this summer, has three primary objectives: 1) further define the ore body; 2) undertake environmental baseline studies and 3) inform the project feasibility and advance preliminary engineering and mine site planning.
To date, all exploration activities have been through helicopter supported programs. In order to advance this year's work and support future development, a road clearing contract has been awarded to a local First Nations construction firm and work has started on clearing a 12km route into the project area.
About NiobiumNiobium is used in the manufacture of high strength, low alloy steels specifically used in manufacturing green technologies, turbines, aerospace, automobiles, oil and gas. Global annual consumption of ferroniobium is approximately 200 million lbs per year and is growing at an annual rate of 5-7%.There are three major producers worldwide, which include CBMM - Brazil, Anglo American - Brazil and IAMGOLD - Canada. For further information on Taseko, please see the Company's website www.tasekomines.com. Russell Hallbauer President and CEO No regulatory authority has approved or disapproved of the information contained in this news release. CAUTION REGARDING FORWARD-LOOKING INFORMATION This document contains "forward-looking statements" that were based on Taseko's expectations, estimates and projections as of the dates as of which those statements were made. Generally, these forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "outlook", "anticipate", "project", "target", "believe", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "should" and similar expressions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV