Kadant Inc. (NYSE:KAI) reported its financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
Fourth Quarter and Full-Year 2011 Financial Highlights
- Record GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) from continuing operations was $0.90 in the fourth quarter of 2011, including restructuring costs and a benefit from discrete tax items, compared to $0.41 in the fourth quarter of 2010. For the full year, GAAP diluted EPS was $2.74, compared to $1.48 in 2010.
- Adjusted diluted EPS was $0.59 in the fourth quarter and $2.10 for the year, up 40% and 49%, respectively, over the corresponding prior periods.
- Revenues were a record $97 million in the quarter, increasing 32% over the fourth quarter of 2010.
- Operating income was $9 million in the fourth quarter of 2011, up 36% over the prior period, and a record $39 million for the full-year 2011, up 55% over 2010.
- Cash flow from continuing operations was $15 million in the fourth quarter of 2011, one of the highest quarterly performances in the Company’s history.
- Repurchases of common stock were $7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011 and $16 million for full-year 2011.
Adjusted diluted EPS is a non-GAAP measure that excludes certain items as detailed later in this press release under the heading “Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures” and in the reconciliation tables below.
Management Commentary“Our financial performance in 2011 was outstanding and ended with one of the best quarters in our Company’s history,” said Jonathan W. Painter, president and chief executive officer of Kadant. “Diluted EPS from continuing operations was a record $0.90 in the fourth quarter of 2011 compared to last year’s $0.41. Excluding restructuring costs and a benefit from discrete tax items, adjusted diluted EPS was $0.59 in the fourth quarter of 2011, increasing 40 percent over last year’s $0.42. This compares to our GAAP guidance of $0.56 to $0.58 for the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV