Paradigm Opportunity Protects Investors in Tough Times
(Editor's note: TheStreet today named 82 mutual funds and exchange traded funds, or ETFs, winners and runners-up in its second annual awards ceremony. A list of the funds and related articles can be found on the awards page.)
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- When children are asked what they want to be when they grow up, they're more likely to say "firefighter" or "doctor" before "asset manager." But even as a kid, Jason Ronovech, manager of the Paradigm Opportunity Fund (PFOPX), enjoyed the thrill of researching and picking stocks.
Ronovech, who broke into the investing business 12 years ago, says he used to participate in newspaper stock-picking contests when he was younger. Those contests rewarded those with a model portfolio and fictitious amount of money to manage, skills that have benefitted Ronovech as he now hunts for the best small-cap stocks he can buy as a professional investor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV