CardioNet, Inc. (NASDAQ:BEAT), a leading wireless medical technology company with a current focus on the diagnosis and monitoring of cardiac arrhythmias, today reported results for the fourth quarter and full year-ended December 31, 2011.
- Achieved positive adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter and full year 2011
- Reduced quarter-end DSO to 75 days
- Reached an agreement to settle shareholder litigation
- Implemented over $7 million of annualized cost reductions
- Launched next-generation MCOT TM device
- Opened west coast monitoring location
- Secured 52 new payor contracts covering over 10 million lives
- Completed Biotel integration and generated positive EBITDA contribution
- $46.5 million in cash and investments as of December 31, 2011, with no outstanding debt
President and CEO Commentary
Joseph Capper, President and Chief Executive Officer of CardioNet, commented: “During the fourth quarter, we continued to successfully execute on our operational initiatives as evidenced by the positive adjusted EBITDA generated for the quarter and full year 2011. We launched our next-generation MCOT TM device, implemented approximately $7.5 million of annualized cost reductions, reached an agreement to settle the outstanding class action litigation and opened the west coast monitoring facility. We will ramp up our activity in this new facility over the next three months and expect to be fully operational in the second quarter. Given this significant progress, we are now in a far better position to capitalize on a variety of growth opportunities.“As an example, we recently announced the purchase of ECG Scanning & Medical Services, Inc. (“ECG Scanning”), a $7 million cardiac monitoring company focused on event, Holter and pacemaker monitoring. The acquisition is expected to be accretive in the first year and improve the Company’s position in the cardiac monitoring market by leveraging our infrastructure and ECG Scanning’s customer relationships.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV