Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE: ADI), a global leader in high-performance semiconductors for signal processing applications, today announced financial results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2012, a 14-week period that ended February 4, 2012. ADI also announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 20 percent increase in its regular quarterly dividend to $0.30 per outstanding share of common stock.
“The first quarter results were within the range we expected. Revenue of $648 million and diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.46 declined compared to both the immediately prior quarter and the year-ago quarter. Late in the first quarter, order rates began to accelerate and have remained solid so far this quarter. This leads us to believe that the first quarter marked the bottom of this industry cycle and we expect our business will improve beginning in the second quarter,” said Jerald G. Fishman, President and CEO.
Results for the 14-Week First Quarter of Fiscal 2012
- Revenue totaled $648 million
- Gross margin was 63.2% of revenue
- Operating margin was 28.3% of revenue
- Diluted EPS from continuing operations was $0.46
- Cash flow from operations was $215 million, or 33% of revenue
Please refer to the schedules provided for a summary of revenue and earnings, selected balance sheet information, and the cash flow statement for the first quarter of fiscal year 2012, as well as the immediately prior and year-ago quarters. Additional information on revenue by end market and revenue by product type is provided on Schedules D and E. A more complete table covering prior periods is available at investor.analog.com.ADI also announced that the Board of Directors has declared a cash dividend of $0.30 per outstanding share of common stock. The dividend will be paid on March 28, 2012 to all shareholders of record at the close of business on March 9, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV