- Total invested assets grew 23% to $24.4 billion at December 31, 2011 compared to $19.8 billion at December 31, 2010.
- Net investment income, the principal component of total revenues, grew to $1.22 billion for the year of 2011 and $324.3 million for the fourth quarter representing year over year growth of 18% and 17%, respectively.
- 2011 annuity sales were $5.1 billion ($4.8 billion net of coinsurance), and fourth quarter sales were $1.4 billion ($1.3 billion net of coinsurance) representing year over year growth of 9% for 2011 and a decline of 12% for the fourth quarter.
- Risk-based capital (“RBC”) ratio of 346% at December 31, 2011, compared to 339% at December 31, 2010.
- Book value per outstanding common share (excluding Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income) of $16.09 at December 31, 2011, compared to $15.33 at September 30, 2011.
- Operating earnings return on average equity of 14.8% for the year of 2011.
American Equity Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.