NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bazaarvoice (BV)bills itself as turning social media into measurable social commerce; unfortunately it hasn't turned itself into a profitable company.
The company is looking to raise $85.4 million in its IPO expected to price this week. It plans to sell 9.5 million shares with pricing seen ranging from $8 to $10 each.
The problem is that while the Austin, Texas-based provider of online customer review technology has been able to grow revenue, losses have increased as well.(PRLB) looks to be in good shape leading up to its offering. Protolab creates three-dimensional models of parts or products in a quick time-frame, and is looking to raise $60.2 million through an offering of 4.3 million shares at $13 to $15 each. The company uses resin, aluminum and plastic injection molding to help designers see their products come to life. Designers of medical devices, electronics, automobiles and consumer products all use these services. In 2011, the Maple Plain, Minn.-based company posted net income of $18 million on revenue of $98.9 million vs. net income of $11 million on revenue of $65 million in 2010. Gaskins' main concern with Proto Labs is the competition. Autodesk (ADSK) is a leader in 3-D design for architects and engineers and the stock is down 11% for the past year. 3D Systems (DDD), though is up 6% for the year and has seen its revenue grow 39% over the past quarter. Stratasys (SSYS) is another maker of 3-D printers and its revenue was up 28% in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately the stock is down 18% for the past year. That's just a small selection of publicly traded 3-D technology companies.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV