The net loss applicable to common stockholders for 2011 was $160.8 million, or $1.32 per share based on 121.8 million weighted average shares outstanding, compared with a net loss applicable to common stockholders of $170.6 million, or $1.50 per share based on 113.7 million weighted averages shares outstanding for 2010.
Cash, cash equivalents and marketable securities were $3.2 million at December 31, 2011 and $70.4 million at December 31, 2010. As of December 31, 2011, the Company had $45.0 million of available borrowings under the loan agreement compared to $98.0 million as of December 31, 2010.
On January 16, 2012, the Company amended its note with The Mann Group LLC, an entity controlled by the Company’s principal stockholder. The amendment extends the maturity date of the $350.0 million loan arrangement from December 31, 2012 to March 31, 2013. The Company can continue to borrow under the amended terms of the note until June 30, 2012. Since December 31, 2011, the Company borrowed $6.3 million under the loan agreement and $38.8 million remains available to borrow.
On February 8, 2012, the Company sold $86.3 million of units in an underwritten public offering, with each unit consisting of one share of common stock and a warrant to purchase 0.6 of a share of common stock, and reflects the full exercise of an over-allotment option granted to the underwriters. Net proceeds from this offering were approximately $80.6 million, excluding any warrant exercises. Concurrent with this public offering, The Mann Group LLC purchased $77.2 million worth of restricted shares of common stock which will be paid by cancellation of principal indebtedness under the amended loan arrangement.Conference Call MannKind management will host a conference call to discuss these results today at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. To participate in the call please dial (866) 314-5232 or (617) 213-8052 and use the participant passcode: MANNKIND. To listen to the call via the Internet please visit http://www.mannkindcorp.com. The web site replay will be available for 14 days. A telephone replay will be accessible for approximately 14 days following completion of the call by dialing (888) 286-8010 or (617) 801-6888. Presenting from the Company will be:
- Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Alfred Mann
- President and Chief Operating Officer Hakan Edstrom
- Corporate Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Matthew Pfeffer
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV