Zion Oil & Gas
One under-$10 stock that's nearing a breakout trade is Zion Oil & Gas (ZN), an initial stage oil and gas exploration company with oil and gas exploration in Israel. This stock is off to a hot start in 2012, with shares up over 45%.
If you take a look at the chart for Zion Oil & Gas, you'll notice that this stock just bounced right around its 50-day moving average of $2.43 on monster volume. Volume yesterday was 425,000 shares, and today it's already registered over 524,000 shares, which is well above its three-month average action 101.279 shares. This huge volume spike now puts shares of Zion Oil & Gas within range of triggering a major breakout soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV