Both stocks are rated as buys by TheStreet Ratings.
The Medicines Cos.
The pharmaceutical company reported Wednesday fourth-quarter earnings of $19.6 million, or 36 cents a share, down from year-ago earnings of $58.6 million, or $1.09 a share.Shares of Medicines hit a 52-week high Wednesday of $22.82. The stock's 52-week low of $12.33 was set on Aug. 9. Medicines has a forward P/E of 18.98; the average for pharmaceutical companies is 21.93. For comparison, Medicis Pharmaceutical (MRX) and Par Phamaceutical (PRX) both have lower forward P/Es of 12.71 and 10.46. Five of the seven analysts who cover Medicines rate it at buy. Two analysts have hold ratings. TheStreet Ratings gives Medicines a B grade and $27.83 price target. The stock has risen 19.05% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV