Feb. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UMH Properties, Inc., (NYSE Amex: UMH) today announced that it is transferring the listings of its common and preferred stock to the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") from the NYSE Amex. The Company expects to begin trading on the NYSE on
Friday, March 2, 2012. The Company will retain its stock tickers (NYSE: UMH) for the common shares and (NYSE: UMH Pr A) for the preferred shares. The Company's common stock and preferred stock will continue to trade on the NYSE Amex until the transfer is completed.
"We are thrilled to welcome UMH Properties, Inc., a REIT pioneer, to the NYSE," said Scott R. Cutler, NYSE Executive Vice President and Co-Head of U.S. Listings and Cash Execution. "The Company and its shareholders will continue to benefit from their association with the NYSE's market, services and dominant network of REIT companies."
"We are looking forward to moving onto the New York Stock Exchange," said UMH's Chairman of the Board, Eugene W. Landy. "The vast majority of the US REIT market trades on the NYSE. We are excited to be joining our peers and anticipate that this move will result in increased liquidity and visibility for our shareholders."
Samuel A. Landy, President, noted that, "UMH has acquired $57 million of additional manufactured home communities over the past two years and plans to continue its acquisitions program in 2012 and 2013."UMH Properties, Inc., a publicly-owned REIT, owns and operates forty-one manufactured home communities with approximately 9,000 total developed homesites located in Indiana, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities. SOURCE UMH Properties, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV