Save-A-Lot, one of the nation’s leading hard-discount, limited-assortment grocery chains and a wholly owned subsidiary of SUPERVALU Inc. (NYSE: SVU), is opening three new stores in Ohio in February and March, bringing the total number of Save-A-Lot stores in the state to 128.
The locations of the new stores and the dates they are scheduled to open are as follows:
- 204 High St., Wadsworth (opened Feb. 16)
- 6700 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati (scheduled to open March 14)
- 2200 Mock Road, Columbus (scheduled to open March 28)
In addition, in January Save-A-Lot opened a store in Cleveland at 11905 Superior Ave.
Since January 2011 and including these new stores, Save-A-Lot has added 14 new stores in Ohio, creating approximately 308 new jobs.“We are excited to be opening more Save-A-Lot locations in Ohio to meet the needs of consumers looking for access to affordable, high-quality food, fresh produce and meat, as well as other grocery items,” said Santiago Roces, Save-A-Lot CEO and president. “With food costs on the rise, Save-A-Lot is an ideal solution for customers looking to save money on their grocery bills.” Save-A-Lot offers savings of up to 40 percent on groceries, compared to traditional grocery stores. Each Save-A-Lot store carries a carefully selected assortment of 1,200 to 1,500 of the most popular, in-demand every day grocery essentials, including farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, USDA-inspected meats, dairy products, bakery goods, shelf-ready and frozen foods, household goods, pet food, baby, and health and beauty care products. Save-A-Lot stores, which average about 15,000 square feet, feature a wide range of high-quality brands, including Save-A-Lot Today, Coburn Farms and Tipton Grove, produced exclusively for Save-A-Lot by many of the country’s leading food manufacturers. About Save-A-Lot Food StoresSave-A-Lot, a wholly owned subsidiary of SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE: SVU), is one of the nation’s leading hard-discount, carefully selected assortment grocery chains, operating more than 1,300 stores in 39 states from Maine to California. Serving more than 5 million shoppers each week, Save-A-Lot offers savings of up to 40 percent on groceries when compared to conventional stores. Customers enjoy savings on exclusive Save-A-Lot brands and national brands, plus fresh meat and farm-fresh fruits, vegetables and dairy, along with the most popular grocery and household items. Save-A-Lot helps its customers live richer, fuller lives by saving them money and time through a smart, convenient shopping experience featuring great food, great prices and great people every day. For more information on Save-A-Lot or to locate a store, please visit www.save-a-lot.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV