Dow Component General Electric (GE) To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down eight points at 12,957 as of Wednesday, Feb 22, 2012, 10:35 a.m. ET. During this time, 175.8 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 818.6 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,177 issues advancing vs. 1,632 declining with 141 unchanged. Thursday, February 23, 2012 is the ex-dividend date for Dow component General Electric (NYSE:GE). Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 17 cents per share. At a price of $19.33 as of 10:35 a.m. ET, the dividend yield is 3.5% compared to the average Dow component yield of 2.7%. industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 8.4% year to date as of Tuesday's close. General Electric Company (GE) operates as a technology, service, and finance company worldwide. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.1, below the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 15.3 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your dividend trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
- You can view the full General Electric Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV