NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI), the Official Satellite Radio Partner of NASCAR, will offer listeners nationwide comprehensive coverage of the upcoming Daytona 500 and NASCAR Speedweeks.
SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, will carry live broadcasts of the Daytona 500 and every other race, all season long, plus compelling NASCAR talk and analysis live from Daytona International Speedway daily. NASCAR programming is available to Sirius subscribers, XM Premier (formerly known as "The Best of Sirius") and SiriusXM Premier subscribers.
On Sunday, February 26, Daytona 500 race day, SiriusXM will start broadcasting live at 7:00 am ET and will offer listeners 15 hours of live coverage from the speedway. Subscribers will have access to all the action on the track during the 54th running of The Great American Race, which starts at 12:00 pm ET, plus full pre- and post-race coverage with expert analysis, reports from pit road and the garages, driver introductions and interviews with the race winner and other competitors.SiriusXM will also offer additional Driver2Crew Chatter™ channels that will carry the in-car audio of NASCAR's top drivers as they compete in the Daytona 500. Drivers featured will include reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart , Danica Patrick , who will be making her NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut, five-time champion Jimmie Johnson , Dale Earnhardt Jr. and others. The "Fan's Choice" channel will feature the in-car audio of a driver determined by fans who log on to www.siriusxm.com/nascar and vote from a selection of competitors. For this year's Daytona 500, subscribers can hear the following:
- Live race call on Sirius channel 90 / XM channel 90
- Tony Stewart's in-car audio on Sirius 94 / XM 226
- Carl Edwards' in-car audio on Sirius 93 / XM 225
- Kurt Busch's in-car audio on Sirius 113 / XM 227
- Danica Patrick's in-car audio on Sirius 112 / XM 228
- Jeff Gordon's in-car audio on Sirius 117 / XM 229
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s in-car audio on Sirius 128 / XM 230
- Kyle Busch's in-car audio on Sirius 135 / XM 231
- Jimmie Johnson's in-car audio on Sirius 134 / XM 232
- Kevin Harvick's in-car audio on Sirius 137 / XM 233
- Fan's Choice channel (driver TBD) on Sirius 138 / XM 234