Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL) of Phoenix grew its commercial and industrial loan portfolio by 18% during the fourth quarter, to $1.3 billion as of Dec. 30.
Usdin said that "C&I and non-owner occupied [commercial real estate lending] led the way for WAL over the past year, as the company continued to take advantage of a weakened competitive landscape." The analyst expects WesternAlliance's loan growth to slow, but still expects low double-digit growth in 2012 as the company remixes the loan portfolio out of Nevada into relatively stronger CA and AZ footprints."
Jefferies analyst Casey Haire rates Western Alliance a "Buy," with a $9.50 price target, estimating the company will earn 60 cents a share in 2012, followed by EPS of 90 cents in 2013.Western Alliance's shares returned 28% year-to-date through Wednesday's close at $7.97, following a 15% decline in 2011. Interested in more on Western Alliance Bancorp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Banks Stocks Profiting on the Most Profitable Loans portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Philip van Doorn in Jupiter, Fla. To contact the writer, click here: Philip van Doorn. To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV