SVB Financial Group (SIVB) of Santa Clara, Calif., grew its commercial and industrial loans by 12% during the fourth quarter, to $2.0 billion, as of Dec 30.
Usdin said that the company's overall 22% loan growth in 2011 was "the fastest pace within our coverage universe," led "primarily by C&I, which makes up roughly 85% of total loans. The analyst added that "SIVB's corporate finance client base and buyout finance lending practice [has] been responsible for much of the growth," and expects the trend to continue in 2012, "given strong client acquisition trends within the corporate finance channel and robust M&A activity in the tech sector."
Jefferies analyst Casey Haire has a "Hold" rating on SVB Financial Group, with a $57 price target, and estimates the company will earn $3.15 a share in 2012, followed by EPS of $3.50 in 2013.SVB Financial Group's shares returned 24% year-to-date, through Wednesday's close at $59.16, following a 10% pullback in 2012. Interested in more on SVB Financial Group? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV