NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Friday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Thursday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Barnes Group (B), Great Plains Energy (GXP), KeyCorp (KEY), Meredith (MDP) and Nordson (NDSN).
Each of the stocks was rated a buy at TheStreet Ratings.
See the complete Dividend Calendar.
Johnson & JohnsonThe consumer goods and pharmaceutical company announced Tuesday that Alex Gorsky will become CEO on April 26. Gorsky, the company's executive committee vice chairman, is replacing Bill Weldon who is retiring. "The move comes a touch earlier than we expected, but JNJ has typically made these announcements in conjunction with the annual shareholders' meeting, and Mr. Gorsky has been one of two well known internal leaders being groomed to potentially succeed Mr. Weldon for over a year," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report Tuesday. "The other internal candidate - Sheri S. McCoy - will continue on as Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee and will continue to lead JNJ's Pharma and Consumer Groups. From a stock picking perspective we view this move as more or less expected. The transition should be smooth and we would not expect any significant change in strategic direction for JNJ." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.5% Rated "B (Buy)" at TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin decreased from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $74.98. The stock closed Wednesday at $65 and has declined less than 1% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV