Updated from 10:56 a.m. EST to provide additional analysts comments about risk in the eighth and fifteenth paragraphs.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Now that Apple (AAPL) has crossed $500 per share, Microsoft (MSFT) has crossed $30 per share again, and seemingly every story has an "iAngle" to it, there has already been some chatter about another tech bubble.
Morgan Stanley (MS), in a recent report, highlighted the run-up in mega-cap tech valuations, asking whether this is the precursor to a bubble.
Morgan notes that 20% of the market cap of the S&P 500 is in technology, but says that mega-cap technology stocks are more attractive than other mega-cap stocks in other sectors.The report goes on to say that tech valuations are not stretched, and sectors like "software, hardware, and Internet stocks are more relatively attractive then semiconductors or IT services..." Here are three reasons why technology stocks are not in a bubble.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV