Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation (NASDAQ:GLDD), the largest provider of dredging services in the United States and a major provider of commercial and industrial demolition and remediation services, today announced that its 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held on May 9, 2012 at 10:00 A.M. C.D.T. at Lewis University, 2122 York Road, Oak Brook, Illinois 60523 for the following purposes:
- To elect as directors three nominees to serve for a three-year term or until their respective successors are elected and qualified;
- To ratify Deloitte & Touche LLP as the independent auditor of the Company for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2012;
- To approve the Company’s executive compensation, on an advisory basis;
- To approve amendments to the Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation 2007 Long Term Incentive Plan; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournments thereof.
The Board of Directors also set the close of business on March 28, 2012 as the record date for holders of the Company’s common stock entitled to notice of and authorized to vote at such Annual Meeting.
Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corporation is the largest provider of dredging services in the United States and the only U.S. dredging company with significant international operations. The Company is also one of the largest U.S. providers of commercial and industrial demolition services primarily in the Northeast. The Company owns a 50% interest in a marine sand mining operation in New Jersey that supplies sand and aggregate for road and building construction and a 50% interest in an environmental service operation with the ability to remediate soil and dredged sediment treatment. Great Lakes employs over 150 degreed engineers, most specializing in civil and mechanical engineering, which contributes to its 121-year history of never failing to complete a marine project. Great Lakes has a disciplined training program for engineers that ensures experienced-based performance as they advance through Company operations. Great Lakes also owns and operates the largest and most diverse fleet in the U.S. industry, comprised of over 200 specialized vessels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts