Yanzhou Coal Mining
A similar setup is forming in shares of Yanzhou Coal Mining (YZC), the sixth-largest coal miner in the People's Republic. Like LFC, Yanzhou is forming a long-term ascending triangle setup that's been forming since the latter half of the third quarter. The resistance level to watch in YZC right now is $27.
Looking at the technicals in YZC from a more economics-driven perspective, the setup in this stock all comes down to a case of supply and demand. Essentially, there's an excess of supply of shares above the $27 level -- that is, it's a price above which sellers become more eager to sell and take gains than buyers are to buy. The result is a price level that acts as a sort of ceiling for shares of Yanzhou.
The uptrending support level below shares gives us an important clue about investor sentiment in this stock. Because Yanzhou is posting higher lows, we have a hint that buyers have some control over price action; a breakdown below that trend line indicates that that's no longer the case.A move above $27 is significant because it shows us that the upside barriers to movement have been squashed; keep a close eye on that price. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV