USD Continues Rise Amid Doubt Over Greece
NEW YORK (BBH FX Strategy) -- The U.S. dollar is continuing its broad rally as doubts over Greece persist, although currencies continue to trade in relatively tight ranges.
Overall, G10 currencies are mostly weaker against the dollar with the Japanese yen down 0.6%, currently trading at 80.31. Sterling is trailing gains in the yen, down 0.5% against the dollar. The Bank of England minutes revealed a more dovish voting arrangement than expected with two members voting for a 75-billion-pound expansion of QE.
The euro continues to slide for the second day, down 0.1% to 1.322 but is likely to remain confined to its recent range of 1.298 to 1.330. Near-term support is seen at 1.313 with resistance seen at the upper end of the recent range. The Australian dollar is trading lower to 1.063.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV