An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that Apple holds its shareholder meeting today. The event will not be held until Thursday.
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Contracting manufacturing activity in China and Europe leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Wednesday, Feb. 22.
Wednesday's 5 Biggest Stories
China's manufacturing activity spent a fourth straight month in contraction in February, with new export orders falling hard.
The story is the same in Europe, where
eurozone composite PMI contracted unexpectedly in February.
Company NewsDell (DELL) blames its bad quarter on hard drive supply issues.
Odds and EndsDow 13,000 is either an awesome symbol of hope or completely meaningless, depending on who you ask.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV