LEXINGTON, Mass. and NEW YORK, Feb. 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Keds, the iconic American lifestyle brand established in 1916, announced today the launch of its exclusive, limited-edition capsule collection with Madewell. Keds® for Madewell will be available exclusively at select Madewell stores and on www.madewell.com beginning today.
Inspired by elements from the Madewell Spring 2012 collection, the collection will consist of three new prints on the Keds classic Champion® silhouette drawing hints of art deco, vintage Hollywood and old Miami.
- Champion Colorblock Stripe – Building off of the fun and fresh striped knits seen in Madewell's Spring 2012 line, this happy-go-lucky shoe adds bursts of fun brights to any outfit and is reminiscent of warm-weather days and romps in the park.
- Champion Blanket -- This little Southwest-inspired number is the perfect solution to punch up Spring basics, from cropped trousers to skinny jeans. Bid farewell to cold-weather blues and say hello to a pallet of colorful, stripy sunsets.
- Champion Polka Dot – with a nod to jazz age styling with a modern twist, this navy canvas shoe takes cue from the Get Dotty pieces in Madewell's Spring 2012 collection, and runs rampant with white polka dots and accents of brown leather trim, adding a dash of festive fun into every step.
All three styles truly exemplify Madewell's effortlessly cool attitude and retail for $50.00 each."We're thrilled to collaborate with Madewell," said Stephanie Brocoum, VP of marketing at Keds. "We worked hand in hand with Madewell's design team to create the perfect complement to their Spring 2012 collection and are excited to bring their colorful, playful designs to life on our iconic Champion silhouette." "Keds have an eternally-cool sensibility, which seemed like the perfect match for Madewell," said Gigi Guerra, VP of marketing at Madewell. "Particularly since it involved taking something timeless—the classic Keds canvas sneaker—and giving it a modern twist, which is so very Madewell."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts