4. Grupo Casa Saba (SAB)
Company profile: Saba operates as a multi-channel, multi-product wholesale distributor principally of pharmaceutical products, health, beauty aids and consumer goods, as well as general merchandise, publications, and a variety of other products. In 2010, it had revenue of $2.7 billion and earnings of 83 cents per share.Investor takeaway: This is a long shot. Its shares are up 19% this year, including 25.5% in the past 30 days, but as a small-cap stock with a valuation of $230 million, it doesn't get analyst coverage. But its prospects are enticing, as it is a leading distributor of health-care products in a country in which the rising middle class is increasingly willing to spend more on such goods. Fidelity owns 4.8% of its shares, by far the largest stake of any institutional investor.
3. PetroChina ( PTR) Company profile: PetroChina, China's largest producer of oil and gas, has become China's lone super major, and its oil reserves are on par with other major international players. Controlled by the Chinese government, its operations range from exploration and production, to refining and marketing and the transmission and storage of natural gas. Investor takeaway: PetroChina's shares are up 21% this year and have a three-year annualized return of 29%. S&P has it rated "hold," as the share price has exceeded its target price. S&P's analysts' survey found two "buy" ratings, one "buy/hold," and three "holds." Given Iran's moves to cut back its supply to Western Europe, worldwide oil prices are likely to rise and this company could be in a sweet spot as a provider with plenty of oil assets to tap. Analysts expect its earnings to grow by 20% this year to $14.15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV