4. Grupo Casa Saba (SAB)
Company profile: Saba operates as a multi-channel, multi-product wholesale distributor principally of pharmaceutical products, health, beauty aids and consumer goods, as well as general merchandise, publications, and a variety of other products. In 2010, it had revenue of $2.7 billion and earnings of 83 cents per share.Investor takeaway: This is a long shot. Its shares are up 19% this year, including 25.5% in the past 30 days, but as a small-cap stock with a valuation of $230 million, it doesn't get analyst coverage. But its prospects are enticing, as it is a leading distributor of health-care products in a country in which the rising middle class is increasingly willing to spend more on such goods. Fidelity owns 4.8% of its shares, by far the largest stake of any institutional investor.
3. PetroChina ( PTR) Company profile: PetroChina, China's largest producer of oil and gas, has become China's lone super major, and its oil reserves are on par with other major international players. Controlled by the Chinese government, its operations range from exploration and production, to refining and marketing and the transmission and storage of natural gas. Investor takeaway: PetroChina's shares are up 21% this year and have a three-year annualized return of 29%. S&P has it rated "hold," as the share price has exceeded its target price. S&P's analysts' survey found two "buy" ratings, one "buy/hold," and three "holds." Given Iran's moves to cut back its supply to Western Europe, worldwide oil prices are likely to rise and this company could be in a sweet spot as a provider with plenty of oil assets to tap. Analysts expect its earnings to grow by 20% this year to $14.15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV