8. Samsung Electronics (Frankfurt exchange)
Company profile: Samsung Electronics, a well-known name to U.S. consumers and the world's largest maker of TVs, manufactures a wide range of consumer electronics products, including smart phones, tablets and personal computers.
Investor takeaway: Samsung's shares are up 7% this year and have a three-year annualized return of 27%. S&P Capital IQ in Asia has a "strong buy" rating on its shares. Aberdeen Asset Management is by far the largest shareholder, with 2.9% of its stock.
7. Sasol (SSL) Company profile: Sasol is South Africa's leading petrochemical company, with a diverse product line, such as chemicals and liquid fuels using gas-to-liquids and coal-to-liquids technologies, which convert natural gas and coal to diesel and other liquid fuels. Recently, these technologies have been attracting attention because they provide an alternative to traditional oil. Investor takeaway: Sasol's shares are up 9% this year and have a three-year annualized return of 30%. The company's shares have a market value of $31 billion and a dividend yield of 3.26%. Analysts, who give it one "buy" rating, one "hold," and one "weak hold," estimate its 2012 earnings $5.14 per share and that that will grow by 2% in 2013, according to S&P, which doesn't have a rating on the shares. Morningstar says Sasol's has a deleveraged balance sheet and a strong cash position so that it can self-fund new programs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV