10. America Movil (AMX)
Company profile: America Movil is the largest telecom provider in Latin America, serving more than 230 million mobile customers in 18 countries, and provides fixed-line services in several countries. It continues to dominate the Mexican wireless market with a more than 70% market share. Its CEO said recently that his company plans to invest between $8.5 billion and $9 billion this year to gain more customers across Latin America who are asking for more data services and smartphones. He said that could add an additional 14 million or more mobile subscribers this year to the 242 million it had at the end of 2011.Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 3.8% this year, and have a three-year annualized return of 20%. America Movil has a dividend yield of 1.22%. Morningstar analysts say: "It's clear that America Movil is the best-positioned telecommunications company in the (Latin American) region" and it offers a "balanced and attractive investment profile because of its massive scale, considerable financial resources, and bundling capabilities." S&P has it rated "hold," as fourth-quarter earnings were disappointing. Other analysts give it six "buy" ratings, five "buy/holds," 13 "holds," and one "sell."
9. China Telecom ( CHA) Company profile: China Telecom is an integrated telecom services provider offering fixed-line, broadband access, and mobile services. It operates the largest wireline network in China, with 170 million subscribers, or over 64% of the total market and serves over half of China's broadband access subscribers, and 117 million mobile users. Investor takeaway: China Telecom's shares are down 5% this year, but up 8% over the past month. They have a three-year annualized return of 32%. China Telecom has a market value of $48 billion, and pays a 1.7% dividend yield. The stock gets a "buy" rating from S&P and a $64 price target, or an 8% premium to the current price. Analysts give it three "buy" ratings, three "buy/holds," and one "hold."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV