Site Lets Small Firms Hedge Fuel Costs (Updated)
This story was originally published on March 26, 2011. It has been updated to include new information about the company.
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (TheStreet) -- Small and midsize businesses hurt by rising fuel prices can follow a risk-management strategy once available only to large companies.
Pricelock offers fuel price protection through what is essentially an insurance policy. It is able to offer the strategy online by grouping businesses and working with investment banks.
|The Pricelock Web site lets business owners hedge against rising fuel costs; clients pay a fee that protects them when prices rise above the maximum they're willing to pay.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV