Papa John’s International, Inc. (NASDAQ: PZZA) today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 25, 2011.
- Fourth quarter system-wide comparable sales increased 1.7% for North America and 5.2% for International; Full year comparable sales increased 3.4% for North America and 5.1% for International
- Fourth quarter earnings per diluted share of $0.65 in 2011 vs. $0.55 in 2010 ($0.51 in 2010, or a 27.5% increase, excluding the impact of the consolidation of the franchisee-owned BIBP cheese purchasing entity)
- Full year earnings per diluted share of $2.20 in 2011 vs. $1.96 in 2010 ($1.80 in 2010, or a 22.2% increase, excluding BIBP)
- 103 worldwide net restaurant openings during the fourth quarter and 237 for the full year
“Papa John’s had an exceptional fourth quarter and full year 2011,” commented Papa John’s Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, John Schnatter. “We achieved the highest net openings in ten years and delivered our eighth consecutive year for even or positive comparable sales growth. Our brand remains resilient even in the face of what continues to be a challenging competitive and cost environment.”
Fourth quarter 2011 revenues were $306.2 million, a 6.8% increase from fourth quarter 2010 revenues of $286.8 million. Fourth quarter 2011 net income was $16.0 million, compared to fourth quarter 2010 net income of $14.0 million ($13.2 million excluding BIBP, an increase of $2.8 million, or 21.2%). Fourth quarter 2011 diluted earnings per share were $0.65, compared to fourth quarter 2010 diluted earnings per share of $0.55 ($0.51 per diluted share excluding BIBP, an increase of $0.14 per diluted share, or 27.5%). See “Non-GAAP Measures” for additional information regarding BIBP.Full year fiscal 2011 revenues were $1.22 billion, an 8.1% increase from full year fiscal 2010 revenues of $1.13 billion. Full year fiscal 2011 net income was $55.7 million, compared to full year fiscal 2010 net income of $51.9 million ($47.6 million excluding BIBP, an increase of $8.1 million, or 16.9%). Full year fiscal 2011 diluted earnings per share were $2.20, compared to full year fiscal 2010 diluted earnings per share of $1.96 ($1.80 per diluted share excluding BIBP, an increase of $0.40, or 22.2%).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV