Now, please refer to Page 9. We have broken down the components of our sales growth. To give you further clarity into the numbers, I want to disclose some additional information. Please focus on the fourth quarter column on the left hand side of Page 9. Of the $74.5 million of pricing variance, about 49.5 million of it is due to price increases in our TiO2 business and 25 million is in the other sectors. As for the volume and mix for the quarter, almost all of the negative variance is in our TiO2 business which experienced about 25% drop in volumes due to seasonal trends and destocking by our customers.
Now please focus on the right side of Page 9 on the full-year results. Of the $303.3 million of positive price variance about 210 million of it is related to our TiO2 business and 93 million is related to all of our other businesses. As for the $38.2 million of positive volume variance, we had a negative variance of 85 million for the full-year for our TiO2 business and a positive variance of $120 million for all of our other businesses. I hope that this additional information would be helpful in your analysis of our performance.
Now I want to make specific comments about each one of our business units. So, please turn to Page 12 of our presentation material. Our specialty chemicals sector includes our lithium and surface treatment businesses. Both of these businesses had an excellent year. We continue to grow volumes, increase prices and improve productivity. This is why the adjusted EBITDA margin for the business improved from 25.4% to 26.1%. We continue to be optimistic about the future of these businesses and expect further improvement in the results as we move forward.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV