Updated from 4:46 p.m. ET to include latest share prices, additional information about Canadian Solar and Cheesecake Factory.
The Mountain View, Calif.-based company, whose products include the TurboTax and QuickBooks applications, reported non-GAAP earnings of $156 million, or 51 cents a share, for the three months ended Jan. 31 on revenue of $1.02 billion. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for a profit of 45 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $1.01 billion.
For its fiscal third quarter ending in April, Intuit sees non-GAAP earnings of $2.47 to $2.55 a share on revenue ranging from $1.95 billion to $1.99 billion. The current analysts' view for the quarter is for a profit of $2.49 a share on revenue of $1.98 billion. The third quarter is the company's biggest each year because of the April 15 deadline to complete income taxes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV