LISLE, Ill., Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) announced that stockholders at its annual meeting today elected three incumbent directors to the board of directors, approved a non-binding advisory vote on executive compensation and approved an amendment to the Restated Certificate of Incorporation to declassify the board of directors.
The director incumbents elected for a one-year term are:
- David D. Harrison, a director since 2007, and retired executive vice president and chief financial officer of Pentair, Inc., a provider of water solutions and technical products.
- Steven J. Klinger, a director since 2008, and retired president and chief operating officer of Smurfit-Stone Container Corporation.
- Michael N. Hammes, a director since 1996, and retired chairman and chief executive officer of Sunrise Medical Inc., a manufacturer and marketer of home medical equipment.
Stockholders also approved the ratification of KPMG LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for fiscal year 2012. No other proposals were presented for action and 91.29 percent of all of the outstanding shares of Navistar were voted at today's meeting.Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, MaxxForce® brand diesel engines, IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses, Monaco® RV brands of recreational vehicles, and Workhorse® brand chassis for motor homes and step vans. It also is a private-label designer and manufacturer of diesel engines for the pickup truck, van and SUV markets. The company also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com/newsroom. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120127/MM32830LOGO-a) SOURCE Navistar International Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV