In the news release, BB&T Corporation declares 16-cent second-quarter dividend, issued Feb. 21, 2012 by BB&T Corporation over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that the second paragraph, first sentence, should read "The dividend will be paid May 1, 2012, to shareholders of record as of April 9, 2012" rather than " April 6, 2012" as originally issued inadvertently. The complete, corrected release follows:
BB&T Corporation declares 16-cent second-quarter dividend
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The board of directors of BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) today declared the 2012 second-quarter dividend of $0.16 per common share. At this quarterly rate, the annual dividend is equivalent to $0.64 per common share.
The dividend will be paid May 1, 2012, to shareholders of record as of April 9, 2012. It has paid a cash dividend to shareholders every year since 1903. The company has approximately 697 million shares outstanding.
About BB&TBB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) is one of the largest financial services holding companies in the U.S. with $174.6 billion in assets and market capitalization of $17.5 billion, as of Dec. 31, 2011. Based in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company operates approximately 1,800 financial centers in 12 states and Washington, D.C., and offers a full range of consumer and commercial banking, securities brokerage, asset management, mortgage and insurance products and services. A Fortune 500 company, BB&T is consistently recognized for outstanding client satisfaction by J.D. Power and Associates, the U.S. Small Business Administration, Greenwich Associates and others. More information about BB&T and its full line of products and services is available at www.BBT.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV