Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) today released the first of three season-to-date updates for its fiscal year 2012 consumer tax offerings. Through Feb. 18, total TurboTax federal units were up 10 percent compared to the same period last year. Also through Feb. 18, TurboTax Online units were up 19 percent, while desktop units decreased 2 percent compared to the same period last year.
"We continue to see the tax season shifting out, a trend we’ve noted over the last few years,” said Dan Maurer, senior vice president and general manager of Intuit’s consumer group. “We're off to a good start, maintaining our focus on the continued growth in online tax preparation.”
As part of the company’s second-quarter earnings announcement, Intuit today also reiterated full-year Consumer Tax revenue growth guidance of 10 to 13 percent and company revenue growth guidance of 9 to 11 percent. Further details are available in the second-quarter earnings release issued today.
|Season-to-date TurboTax Federal Unit Data|
|Comparable Prior- Year Period||Season Through Feb. 18, 2012||Percent Change Year-Over-Year|
|Sub-total TurboTax Units||12,133,000||13,502,000||11%|
|TurboTax Free FileAlliance||635,000||590,000||-7%|
|Total TurboTax Units||12,768,000||14,092,000||10%|
|Note: Unit data through Feb. 18, 2012.|
Intuit will issue additional tax season updates in March and April.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV