BEIJING, Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire-Asia/ -- SGOCO Group, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SGOC), (the "Company" or "SGOCO"), a company focused on building its own brands and retail distribution network in the Chinese flat panel display market, including LCD/LED monitors, TVs, and application specific products, today announced that the Board of Directors has appointed Mr. Yoann Normandeau as an independent member to the Company's Board of Directors effective February 15, 2012.
Mr. Normandeau will replace Ms. Weiwei Shangguan, who is resigning from the board for personal reasons and had no disagreements with the Company. Mr. Normandeau is a Canadian with a bachelor in law, and a MBA in international management. He currently works as a lawyer and has experience in corporate and immigration law.
Mr. Burnette Or, President and Chief Executive Officer of SGOCO commented, "I would like to welcome Mr. Normandeau to the SGOCO board. I am confident his experience and expertise will prove valuable as the Company continues to expand its position in the flat panel display market. I also want to thank Ms. Weiwei Shangguan for her contributions during her tenure as a Director of the Company and wish her success in her future endeavors."
About SGOCO Group, Ltd.SGOCO Group, Ltd. is focused on developing its own brands and distribution in the Chinese flat panel display market. Our main products are LCD/LED monitors, TVs, and other application specific products. Our target markets are Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities where we compete by providing high quality products at competitive prices. For more information about SGOCO, please visit http://www.sgocogroup.com Contact Information:SGOCO Group, Ltd. ( China) Bill Krolicki, VP of FinancePhone: + 86-10-8587-0173 firstname.lastname@example.orgICR, LLC William ZimaPhone: +86-10-6583-7511SGOCO Group Investor Relations DepartmentU.S.: +1-646-328-2533 SOURCE SGOCO Group, Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV