Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) today announced financial results for its second fiscal quarter, which ended Jan. 31. Unless otherwise noted, all growth rates refer to the current period versus the comparable prior-year period.
- Increased total revenue by 16 percent, to $1.02 billion.
- Grew Small Business revenue 9 percent in the quarter and 11 percent for the first half of fiscal 2012. Growth has been driven by strong adoption of connected services and improving revenue per customer.
- Launched TurboTax 2011 and SnapTax to positive industry and user reviews. Grew total TurboTax federal units 10 percent season-to-date through Feb. 18. Reiterated full-year guidance for consumer tax revenue growth of 10 to 13 percent.
- Increased connected services total revenue to 60 percent of total revenue in the first half of fiscal 2012, up from 54 percent in the first half of last year.
- Reiterated fiscal year 2012 guidance for revenue and raised operating income and earnings per share guidance.
Snapshot of Second Quarter Results
|Q2 FY12||Q2 FY11||Change||Q2 FY12||Q2 FY11||Change|
Dollars are in millions, except earnings per share (EPS). See “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below for more information regarding financial measures not prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV