The furniture retailer Tuesday reported third-quarter earnings of $15 million, or 28 cents a share, up from year-ago earnings of $10 million, or 19 cents a share.Shares of La-Z-Boy hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $14.49. The stock's 52-week low of $6.76 was set on Oct. 4. La-Z-Boy has a forward P/E of 15.74; the average for furnishings companies is 25.63. For comparison, Tempur Pedic (TPX) and Select Comfort (SCSS) both have higher forward P/Es of 16.22 and 16.07 respectively. Of the six analysts who cover La-Z-Boy, three rated it hold. Two analysts gave the stock a buy rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives La-Z-Boy a B- grade and $18.29 price target. The stock has increased 21.18% year to date. --Written by Alexandra Zendrian in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV