NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Shares of these energy companies hit 52-week highs on Tuesday: Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP), Hornbeck Offshore Services (HOS), World Fuel Services (INT), Targa Resources Partners (NGLS) and Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP).
Kinder Morgan Energy Partners
The energy transportation company announced Tuesday that it's secured commitments to double the size of its Trans Mountain oil pipeline, according to Reuters.
"Given KMP's track record and expansive backlog of growth projects, we are increasing our long-term growth capex spending estimate to $2.0B/year from $1.0B/year previously," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Jan. 27 report.Shares of Kinder Morgan Energy hit a 52-week high of $90.57 on Tuesday. The stock's 52-week low of $63.42 was set on Aug. 5. Kinder Morgan Energy has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 34.27; the average for pipeline companies is 64.55. For comparison, Targa (NGLS) and Williams Partners (WPZ) both have lower forward P/Es of 21.31 and 18.87 respectively. Of the 16 analysts who cover Kinder Morgan Energy, 11 rate it hold. Three analysts gave it a buy rating and two rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Kinder Morgan Energy a B grade with a buy rating and $103.25 price target. The stock has risen 6.25% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV