Arden Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:ARDNA) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Gelson’s Markets, which operates eighteen full-service supermarkets in Southern California, will close its Gelson’s store located in Northridge, California after the close of business on Saturday, February 25, 2012. The Company’s decision to close the store was based on the lack of profitability of the Northridge location for the past several years. The Company is currently considering possibilities to assign or terminate its lease or sublet the property, but no agreement has been reached. Gelson’s currently intends to pay rent and related charges as required under the lease until such point at which it is no longer obligated to do so. All currently active employees at the Northridge location will be offered employment at other Gelson’s locations.Gelson’s is currently determining the amount which it will reserve for the costs related to the closing of the store; such as, the costs to transfer excess product to other Gelson’s locations, to dispose of product which cannot be transferred, to shutdown and relocate equipment and to maintain the store after closing. In addition, Gelson’s will also reserve for future costs to be incurred, such as rent and common area charges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV