Feb. 21, 2012
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) announced today that the following six channel leaders across EMC and its RSA Security Division have been named 2012 Channel Chiefs by
for their commitment to accelerating partner profitability and overall success in 2011:
- Gregg Ambulos, EMC Senior Vice President of Global Channel Sales
- Leonard Iventosch, EMC Vice President of Americas Channel Sales
- Fred Kohout, EMC Vice President of Global Channel Marketing
- Bill Taylor, RSA Vice President of Global Channels and Alliances
- Shawn Pearson, RSA Senior Director of Americas Channel Sales
- Joseph Gabriel, RSA Director of Global Channel Marketing
This recognition is the latest in a series of channel-related accolades EMC received for its dedication to its Velocity Partners during the last year. In 2011 five EMC executives were named to
's Top Channel Executives List, the EMC®
® unified storage solution won
's 2011 "
in the storage category and
's 2011 "
Storage Product of the Year
," and EMC was named
's "Company of the Year" in
three ARC award
categories: SMB Network Storage, Enterprise Network Storage and Backup & Recovery Software.
Under the leadership of these executives in 2011, EMC and RSA have completely transformed their partner programs while focusing on what's most critical to partner success – technology leadership, partner profitability, ease of doing business, service delivery, and support.
In 2011 EMC:
In 2011 RSA:
- Continued its commitment to accelerating its Velocity™ partners' profitability by giving them access to industry leading channel-only products with the most competitive pricing, along with easy and efficient marketing and training resources to help them compete and earn business.
- Announced the simple, efficient and affordable EMC VNXe series of unified storage systems, available only through the EMC channel, to help address the demand for Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) solutions in the SMB market.
- Announced the EMC Data Domain ® DD160 deduplication storage system for small enterprise data centers and remote offices, also sold exclusively through the channel.
- To help partners be more competitive, EMC extended its discount structure to include a broader range of EMC technology and solutions including its backup and recovery and unified storage offerings, introduced Partner Central and its new partner relationship management tool that is designed to help partners and EMC work more effectively together.
- Launched channel-only marketing campaigns that are accessible through the EMC Velocity Partner Marketing Guide.
- Introduced the RSA® SecurWorld™ Authorized Services Network (ASN) Program and provided its partners with the ability to certify them in an RSA solution. This "seal of approval" from RSA helps customers recognize best-of-breed service delivery from the partner community, while helping partners differentiate themselves in a competitive market.
- Integrated RSA NetWitness® and RSA Archer® solutions and partners into the SecurWorld program providing partners with the ability to become certified in delivering services in the burgeoning areas of continuous monitoring and Governance, Risk and Compliance.
- Introduced the channel-ready RSA Authentication Manager Express, a powerful risk-based authentication solution optimized for small- to mid-sized organizations.
For the ninth consecutive year, Channel Chiefs were selected by the
editorial team based on channel experience, program innovations, channel-driven revenue, and public support for the importance of IT Channel Sales.
EMC and RSA Executive Quotes
Gregg Ambulos, EMC Senior Vice President of Global Channel Sales