NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Restore Our Future, the super PAC that supports Mitt Romney, keeps rolling in the cash thanks to the help of some high-powered business leaders.
The super PAC received some $6.6 million in January, according to the latest Federal Election Commission filing, as well-known public figures littered the list.
Notable donors included Meg Whitman, Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) CEO, at $100,000; J.W. Marriott, Marriott International's (MAR) chief executive, at $250,000; and Richard Marriott, Marriott's chairman, at $250,000.Other notable January donors to the super PAC that backs Romney include Harold Clark Simmons, chairman of holding company Valhi (VHI), at $100,000; and Gregory Maffei, Liberty Media's (LMCA) (LMCB) CEO, at $100,000. Three individuals gave $500,000 to Restore Our Future: Joseph Craft, who is CEO of Alliance Coal, subsidiary of Alliance Resource Partners (ARLP); Bruce Kovner of hedge fund Caxton Alternative Management; and David Lisonbee, 4Life Research chief executive. Restore Our Future spent $13.9 million in January and reported that it had $16.3 million in cash on hand at the end of the period. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV