VANCOUVER, Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Great Pacific International Inc. ("GPI") (TSXV: GPI) is pleased to report that GPI Oil & Gas Inc., a 100% owned subsidiary of the Company, has reached an agreement with an independent operator to farm in on a leasehold interest held by the Company in North Central Alberta.
The Independent Operator will earn a 60% interest in the lease by re-entering an existing well. The Independent Operator will pay 100% of the costs to re-enter this well. Great Pacific has agreed that the Operator will have 100% interest in the re-entered well and will have a 60% interest in any additional wells. GPI will retain a gross overriding sliding scale royalty interest of 5% to 15% on the re-entered well.
Should the Independent Operator issue a notice that they intend to drill another well, GPI will have the option of participating to our 40% interest or converting our interest to a 5% to 15% gross overriding royalty.
Historically, the well subject to re-entry had produced just over 30,000 Bbls of oil over its operating period, while other similar wells in the area had produced in excess of 100,000 Bbls. Based upon it's evaluation of nearby wells and geophysical data, the Independent Operator believes that oil is likely present in the formation that it is targeting. The historical results of these wells can not be considered indicative of what may be expected from the re-work of this well.Our farm-in partner, an independent operator has over 40 years of experience in the oil and gas industry in Alberta. We seek safe harbor. Thal S. Poonian, President, at 604-940-9190, toll free 1-877-942-8765 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Great Pacific International Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV