PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Telik, Inc. (Nasdaq: TELK) today announced that the Phase 2 investigator-led Telcyta trial in hematologic malignancies has been expanded to an additional investigational site, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC). Based upon the results observed in Stage 1 of the trial, which is being conducted at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital under the direction of Joseph R. Bertino, MD of The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, an additional 10 patients with chemotherapy resistant multiple myeloma may be enrolled. Additional trial investigators at MSKCC are Sergio A. Giralt, MD and Nikoletta Lendvai, MD, PhD.
Telik, Inc. of Palo Alto, CA, is a clinical stage drug development company focused on discovering and developing small molecule drugs to treat cancer. The company's most advanced drug candidate is Telintra®, a modified glutathione analog intended for the treatment of hematologic malignancies including myelodysplastic syndrome; followed by Telcyta®, a cancer activated prodrug for the treatment of a variety of cancers. Telik's product candidates were discovered using its proprietary drug discovery technology, TRAP®, which enables the rapid and efficient discovery of small molecule drug candidates.
Telik, the Telik logo, TELINTRA, TELCYTA and TRAP are trademarks or registered trademarks of Telik, Inc.SOURCE Telik, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV