LAS VEGAS, Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HIMSS -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that MedWest Health System, a comprehensive health provider in Western North Carolina operating three hospital campuses and four outpatient facilities, replaced its Dell EqualLogic environment and has standardized its IT infrastructure on EMC® technologies, including EMC VNX™ unified storage with the EMC FAST (Fully Automated Storage Tiering) Suite. MedWest selected VNX to increase the simplicity efficiency and performance of its critical applications, such as McKesson Paragon hospital information system (HIS), Allscripts electronic health record (EHR) system, DR Systems PACS solution, Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server. Additionally, the health provider is also leveraging EMC Avamar® for backup and recovery, EMC Unisphere™ for simplified management and EMC RecoverPoint for replication and recovery of mission-critical applications.
- Increased Agility—MedWest can now set up application environments in just a couple of hours compared to weeks, enabling IT to more effectively support the healthcare provider's strategic goals.
- Improved Performance—EMC's VNX FAST Suite has enabled MedWest to significantly increase performance of its IT infrastructure.
- Data Backup Efficiency—Achieving a 98% deduplication rate with Avamar, MedWest has reduced backup times by more than 85%, completing daily full backups in just three hours compared to a continuous 24x7 backup process with its previous tape solution while reducing weekly backup administration time from five hours to just 5-10 minutes.
Customer Challenges and Solution:MedWest had seen its data assets increase significantly due to its acquisition of new physician practices and implementing new clinical and business applications to support the U.S. federal government's increasing 'meaningful use' reporting requirements for Electronic Medical Records (EMRs).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts