NexJ Health Exchange integrated with 40 vendors, completing 116 integration tests across 10 categories
TORONTO, Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - NexJ Systems Inc., (TSX: NXJ) a leading provider of next-generation enterprise customer relationship management (CRM) solutions and the sixth fastest growing technology company in North America, today announced successful testing of NexJ Health Exchange at the Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) Connectathon.
NexJ Health Exchange is a robust, flexible solution that provides open, standards-based interoperability between proprietary and standards-based health information systems (HIS), Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and Health Information Exchanges (HIE). Its vast library of pre-built adapters and easy-to-use graphical modeling and management tools simplify the process of connecting clinical systems according to National Health Information Network (NHIN) Connect Gateway, IHE profile, or HL7v2 and v3 standards.
"Following on our success at the 2011 Connectathon, we were determined to demonstrate even greater support for an expanded set of standards in 2012 and achieved this by adding support for seven additional IHE profile actors," said Eric Gombrich, SVP & GM, NexJ Health Solutions Group. "Our library of pre-built IHE profile adapters, available in NexJ Health Exchange, provides organizations with the fastest, most flexible, and most cost effective way to integrate clinical and other systems to achieve a comprehensive view of the patient across the continuum of care."During the Connectathon, NexJ Health Exchange tested and passed 10 IHE profiles including: Cross-Community Access (XCA), Cross-Community Patient Discovery (XCPD), Patient Demographic Query (PDQ), Patient Identifier Cross Referencing (PIX) and Cross Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS).
- The XCA test proved NexJ can query, retrieve, and present patient electronic health records held by other communities. This enables the sharing of health information so that it is accessible wherever a patient presents.
- The XCPD test demonstrated that NexJ supports locating communities with patient records, and the translation of patient identifiers across communities. With this functionality individuals can be uniquely identified and their health record made accessible irrespective of where they had been previously treated.
- The PDQ test proved that NexJ can search for patient visit and demographic knowledge such as name, age or gender, from within the patient registry central to a number of remote healthcare facilities and return complete and accurate results.
- The PIX test complements the PDQ test and demonstrated that the system is able to recognize information related to a given individual, despite having been labeled distinctively with bar code or other naming conventions in different areas of the healthcare system, and associate the information to the person. The ability to locate and access the complete historical health record by individual is a critical element for people-centered health.
- The XDS test provided evidence that electronic health record documents can be shared between healthcare enterprises, ranging from physician offices to clinics to acute care in-patient facilities. The technology developed for this can further be applied to facilitate collaboration between health care providers or coaches and individuals, regardless of location and enable people-centered health.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV